Goldfish ick is a problem that can harm your pet if you do not determine and cure it quickly. The ick parasite penetrates its way into your goldfish and will fundamentally consume it alive, until infection ravages the fish towards the point of fatality. The good news is, regardless of how strongly goldfish ick can propagate; it could be treated with comparable convenience. Read below for a simple step by step to get rid of the problem:
1. You're going to need to chemically cure the container and fish pets to eliminate the ick parasite. Begin by placing snails and live plants in the aquarium in a different tank until finally the treatment is completed.
2. Next, you will have to take out/disable any UV lamps and charcoal filters, while you put the goldfish ick treatment, or else the chemical won't be successful.
3. Then you are going to require a Malachite green chemical ick treatment and a thermometer: Put a one drop of Malachite green for every gallon of water inside the tank, then raise the temperature of the water by a 1/2 degree Celsius.
4. The following day you're going to need to take out 1/4 of the water inside the tank and change it with clean water. Step three would have to be done again, including increasing the temp an additional 1/2 degree Celsius.
5. You are going to keep on the every day remedies until eventually the goldfish ick is eliminated (see treatment bottle for additional specific info).
The situation will swiftly disappear after three days of cure, but may take longer depending on how bad the issue is. The ick can get into the tank for any number of causes, but is usually introduced by contaminated food, or by new fish introduced to the aquarium tank. Often feed your fish freeze dehydrated foods and closely check out any new fish before placing them in with healthy ones.